About Paper Review- 1 min
The point of “Paper Review” is to summarize research articles I found interesting. To that end, these reviews will start with an oversimplified abstract, then break down the premises and contributions of the paper, and finally go in-depth into topics found in the paper. While these were initially written to aid my own understanding of the research, hopefully they’ll be both enlightening and cater to whatever depth-of-interest you might be into.
Questions for any research paper
- What is the problem that the paper is trying to solve? Why is it important?
- To solve the problem, a good paper must provide an insightful observation that eventually would lead to the solution. What’s the most important observation that this paper makes?
- What’s the proposed solution? How does the paper leverage the above insight to devise the solution?
- What are the advantages of the solution?
- What are the disadvantages of the proposed solution? How would you improve this work to avoid the disadvantages?
Thank you to Assistant Professor Djordje Jevdjic from NUS for this framework.